Mon, Jul 18|
National Trust Site, Winchester Mill
Sculpting with Water
Book via The National Trust Website ~ https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/e721dcea-83b5-4dce-aab8-23ac13376133/pages/details
Time & Location
Jul 18, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
National Trust Site, Winchester Mill, Bridge St, Winchester SO23 0EJ, UK
- Allow local ceramicist Tash to introduce you into the art of hand-building ceramics as she teaches you how to coil your very own traditional water vessel under the late summer evening sun.
- Tash will teach you the ancient coil technique that was typically used in Ancient Greek pottery. You will learn how to use this method to build up your pieces to sculpt large-scale vessels.
- Discover the power of water & its deep historical intertwining with clay. Learn about the ancient history of Ancient Greek water vessels, their uses, significance & their symbolism.
- Experience a meditative natural sound bath beside the River Itchen to end the workshop, exploring the movement of water from vessel to river in a gentle ‘water ceremony’ to leave you feeling calm & serene.
- Anyone & everyone is welcome! No previous experience of working with clay is required.
- Your functional ceramic water vessel will be glazed and fired for you after our session. Please allow up to 6 weeks for this process.