Tue, Jul 12|
National Trust Site, Winchester Mill
Handbuild a Breakfast Set
Book via The National Trust Website ~ https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/cc8f3df6-cf72-4165-9a5a-7554614e9ec2/pages/details
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
National Trust Site, Winchester Mill, Bridge St, Winchester SO23 0EJ, UK
- Allow local ceramicist Tash to introduce you into the art of hand-building ceramics this summer as she teaches you how to sculpt your very own mug, small granola bowl & spoon on the beside the bubbling River Itchen.
- Tash will lead you through her unique & innate way of working with clay alongside nature as you explore the building & finishing of your pieces with entirely natural materials.
- Enjoy foraging beside the bubbling River Itchen to collect your own materials to work with.
- We will experiment with pressing leaves, natural materials & textures into our pieces, smooth our creations with river water or rain drops, and even explore local rocks as decorative pigments to weave poetry & symbolism into your unique set.
- Anyone & everyone is welcome! No previous experience of working with clay is required.
- Your functional ceramic pieces will be glazed and fired for you after our session. Please allow up to 6 weeks for this process.